Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Champion by Marie Lu

He is the Legend. She is the Prodigy. Who will be the champion?
June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic and each other. But now their country faces a new problem.  June now works as the  Princeps-ELect and Day has been assigned for a high-level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that would have reunited them. As a new plague has breaks out, war starts to rise into action again. This time it won't be easy to find a cure, because this plague is deadlier then ever.
 
 
http://nerdydino.blogspot.com/2012/07/revenge.html  http://nerdydino.blogspot.com/2013/08/prodigy-by-marie-lu.html
Click on the picture for the first and second book of the series.

 
"Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don't last forever, you know. But I'll fight as hard as I can. I can promise you that"
 
 
THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!! 
 
 
OMG!!! This book made me cry so much! Like I honestly was balling, and had tissues on my bed. The ending is where it hit me in the heart. First he is in a coma and June like
“Please don’t take him away from this world. Please don’t let him die here in my arms, not after everything we’ve been through together, not after You’ve taken so many others. Please, I beg You, let him live. I am willing to sacrifice anything to make this happen- I’m willing to do anything You ask. Maybe you’ll laugh at me for such a naive promise, but I mean it in earnest, and I don’t care if it makes no sense or seems impossible. Let him live. Please. I can’t bear this a second time.
Tell me there is still good in this world. Tell me there is still hope for all of us.”  Then when Day wakes up I was like YASSSS!! and then he doesn't remember June. Like what? How can you not remember June...
And then 10 years later she finds out that Day is with his brother looking for a job.  And then he remembers..
“Then Day reaches out and touches my hand with his. He encloses it in a handshake. And just like that, I am linked with him again, I feel the pulse of our bond and his- tory and love through our hands, like a wave of magic, the return of a long-lost friend. Of something meant to be. The feeling brings tears to my eyes. Perhaps we can take a step forward together.
“Hi,” he says. “I’m Daniel.”
“Hi,” I reply. “I’m June.”
 
 
“You drive me insane, June,” he murmurs against my hair. “You’re the scariest, most clever, bravest person I know, and sometimes I can’t catch my breath because I’m trying so hard to keep up. There will never be another like you. You realize that, don’t you?” I tilt my face up to see him. His eyes reflect the faint lights from the JumboTrons, a rainbow of evening colors. “Billions of people will come and go in this world,” he says softly, “but there will never be another like you.” (ONE OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES)
Rate it 5/5.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment