Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Daughter of Smoke & Bones by Laini Taylor


Who Are You?
Karou is the girl with the blue hair. (Literally, no dye just real blue hair growing out of her head.) Always in her sketch book drawing creatures that people believe are beyond her imagination. But Karou knows it real; in fact she was raised by the mythical creature. But sometimes it is better if people don’t know your true life. So Karou lives a half life, being a normal teenager and her other doing errands for her so called legal guardian. But she always did wonder, was she always living like this? Did her parents just abandon her? Was she hidden for protection? Who and what was she?


First of all let me just quote on what the book says before I even write my review.
“She had been innocent once, a little girl playing with feathers on the floor of a devil’s lair. She wasn’t innocent now…….”
This was probably one of the reasons that I had to just pick up the book. To me this was book was saying “Here I am, love me” But not in the wrong way, just saying. It was so intriguing. Karou was up for a big surprise when she found about her secrets. Rate it 5/5. (You know what I just realized is that this book, Ultraviolet, and Clockwork Angel all have a character discovering that they aren't what it seems to be. How Funny.)
                                      -Yoshi Luver




No comments:

Post a Comment