Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees

Violetta has been traveling far, far too long for a royal princess. But her country has collapsed and nothing is left. She and her friend, Feste, have just arrived in London and run into the phenomenal writer, William Shakespeare. There all the secrets are spilled, she told Will everything. And for some odd reason, Will decided to help them. Now determined to find holy Relic- her countries greatest treasure- she and her group search to find Malvolio, the one who stole the treasure. But Malvolio was in search of the princess himself. Nothing is clear at all. “ Is this story a tragedy or a comedy?”

"This wholly original story is spun from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, and includes both folly and suspense that would make the Bard proud."
The Fool's Girl

I really didn’t understand what was going on in the book. It just wasn’t a book I really enjoyed. I got bored from reading and went to do work (I mean who would do work in the summer; apparently I did because I found it more enjoyable then this book). If you are a fan of Shakespeare then this book is definitely for you. While I was reading I was only able to grasp some parts of the story and was skipping most of the lines. Rate it 3/5 :\ I'll try to read it again, maybe this time I will be able to understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment